Covid - 19 Rules
COVID-19 RULES FOR BOWLERS (UPDATED 9 JUNE 2020)
Here are the rules of play and safety guidance following the commencement of bowling on 01/06/2020. The rules and guidance follow Government and Bowls England guidance and have been agreed by both the Three Spires Management Committee and Directors. The rules and guidance must be strictly adhered to.
- Only club members may bowl at Morningside.
- Members who choose to play may only do so by booking in advance. There will be up to 5 one hour forty minute sessions available each day. There is a separate communication about how to make bookings together with details of the available session times.
- No more than 12 players may attend the club’s premises at any one time.
- Members are permitted to enter the ground as spectators in accordance with Bowls England and government guidelines.
- In order to maintain distancing only alternate rinks will be used i.e. rinks 1,3,and 5 or 2,4 and 6 on any particular day.
- There can only be a maximum of 4 players per rink.
- The clubhouse will remain closed until further notice.
- The pavilion will be open only to allow players to use the toilet and hand washing facilities.
- Only one player at a time may enter the pavilion.
In order to minimise the risk of infection, only the equipment listed below may be used during any session:
- For singles play, only one MAT per rink may be used, to be carried and positioned by only one player throughout the session, and to be left on the bank at the end of the rink at the end of the session. Following the last session of the day, mats should be stored on the pavilion verandah.
- For pairs play, two MATS are to be used (one at either end). Only one lead and one skip are to handle the mats. The lead is to place the mat, by handling only the front edge of the mat. Upon completion of the end the skip is to pick up, using only the rear edge of the mat, and place it on the bank in direction of play.
- Players must bring their own WOODS, which should be cleaned before and after play. Players must not touch anyone else’s woods before, during or after the game. To minimise the risk of infection, woods may not be stored in the pavilion.
- For both singles and pairs play, two JACKS are to be used on each rink, one at each end. The jacks may be set (not rolled) by one player only throughout the game, again to minimise the risk of infection. The jacks , together with the mats, should be stored on the pavilion verandah overnight.
- RINK MARKERS should not be touched by players.
- SCOREBOARDS are not to be to used.
- One SCORECARD only should be used per game, with only one player to be responsible for scoring. The scorecard should be taken home by the scorer and disposed of.
- GLOVES may be worn but not shared with another player.
- BOWLING ARMS/LIFTERS may be used but not shared with another player.
- PUSHERS may be used, but must be sanitised before and after use.
- MEASURES may be used
- ‘Touchers’ may be chalked, using spray chalk only.
· Anyone with their own mats and jacks is welcome to use them subject to the rules on hygiene being adhered to.
Safety, hygiene and social distancing
The following rules are also aimed at minimising the risk of spreading Covid-19 infection.
- You must not visit the club if you or a member of your household have, or think you have, Covid-19 symptoms.
- Avoid travelling to the club by public transport if at all possible.
- Travel to the club on your own or with a member of your household.
- Arrive at the club in your playing clothes – do not change on site.
- If you travel by car you should change into and out of your bowling footwear in your vehicle.
- Do not arrive at the club more than 10 minutes before your booked session start time and you must leave the club within 10 minutes of your session finish time. These measures should ensure that the number of players on site at any one time is limited to 12 (the maximum allowed).
- Avoid using the pavilion toilets if possible, and clean anything you have touched after use.
- Do not shelter inside the pavilion in the event of inclement weather.
- Bring any food or drink you might need with you. Do not consume anything in the pavilion, and do not use any club facilities such as kettles, cups, plates etc . Take any rubbish home with you, including cigarette ends – do not use the club’s waste bins.
- Soap and sanitiser will be available at the club, but please help the club by bringing your own sanitising products, etc, if possible.
- Wash or sanitise your hands and sanitise any equipment (including woods, jacks, mats and pushers) before and after playing – do NOT assume that the person before you has sanitised the equipment thoroughly. ALL EQUIPMENT MUST BE SANITISED OFF THE GREEN TO AVOID DAMAGE TO THE PLAYING SURFACE.
- Sanitise door handles, keys and padlocks before and after use.
- Do not shake hands or kiss before, during, or after a game.
- Do not ‘high-five’ or hug other players to celebrate shots or a win, even if they are members of your household.
- Observe social distancing at all times on the club’s premises.